Graham Norton returns to his roots for his 2016 Invivo vintage!
He's trod New Zealand grapes on the set of his famous show and blended Marlborough sauvignon blanc into an award-winning wine in a London apartment. This year, though, top talk show host Graham Norton and Kiwi winemakers Invivo headed to Graham's own back yard to work their winemaking magic: Bantry House in County Cork, Ireland.
Invivo cofounder Tim Lightbourne and winemaker Rob Cameron travelled over 20,000 kilometres to Norton's summer location – complete with their precious cargo of six distinctive Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc pressings. Then, over a reportedly riotous afternoon blending session the trio created Graham's 2016 Sauvignon Blanc.
Long-time sauvignon blanc fan Norton was well pleased with the result, but surprised the Invivo crew by inviting a lucky handful of Cork locals to pass judgement on the blend. Their verdict? "Very drinkable…I could drink a lot of that" and "absolutely lovely."
- Double Gold Medal, China Wine & Spirits Awards
- 93 Points and 5 stars, Wine Orbit
- 4 Stars, Winestate
- Silver Award, NZ International Wine Show
- Silver Medal, Melbourne International Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Selected for Qantas Business Class August.1, 2016
- "This is filled with gorgeous passionfruit, nectarine, feijoa and lime zest flavours. It is fragrant and intense, and delivers loads of tasty flavours backed by juicy acidity. A hugely appealing sauvignon with varietal purity and power, and finishes superbly long and refreshing." At its best: now to 2019. August, 2016 Wine Orbit
- "Graham Norton’s Own Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2016: very fruity bouquet with plenty of sweet citrus and white peach then soft sweet herbs and some floral moments. On the palate – fruity, fresh, crisp and just dry; high acidity and plump citrus fruit flavours with a sweet grassy edge, balanced and well made." Cameron Douglas MS
- "This wine won’t disappoint. It delivers the requisite pungency, acid punch and flavour lift." John Saker, Southland Times
- "From “chief winemaker Graham Norton”, Invivo’s release has a punchy, aromatic bouquet. Medium-bodied, it is vibrantly fruity, with strong, ripe melon, lime and capsicum flavours, a slightly salty streak, a vague suggestion of sweetness and a crisp, lingering finish." Winestate Magazine
- "It's the second year, Norton's blended his own wine with New Zealand producer Invivo Last year, it sold more than 400,000 bottles! If you love your Sauvignon with ripe, tropical fruit flavours and lots of zing, this is just the thing. Food Pairing: Salty Crisps." Helen McGinn, Daily Mail UK
- "Top Tipple - Grown in New Zealand and blended by Graham in County Cork, the wine is zesty and fresh, so delicious with chicken and fish." Woman's Own UK Magazine